Sending EMS/International Parcel Post to Italy
Inaccurate descriptions of labels or documents may cause delays or the return of mail.
Tightened customs inspection in Italy is causing delivery to take longer than usual.
Please be advised that it takes longer to send EMS and parcels to Italy due to tightened customs inspection in the country. Also inaccurate descriptions of labels or documents may cause further delays or the return of mail.
If you decide to send mail even after the knowledge that delivery conditions are unfavorable, it is still necessary to provide accurate information on labels and customs declaration forms in Englsih, French or Italian.
How to fill out the International Parcel Label.
About Customs Declaration Form
Please note the following when you send EMS and parcels to Italy.
|Prohibited articles cannot be sent.
||You can confirm what articles are prohibited to be sent to Italy at the International Mail Conditions List.
|Provide accurate detailed information when filliing out labels and customs declaration forms.
- Laguages that can be used for addressing mail and filling in documents are Enligsh, French or Italian. Writing only in Japanese may result in the return of mail.)。
- Write the accurate names and addresses of senders and recipients.(Avoid the use of abbreviations including the use of initials).
Please include the telephone numbers of senders and addressees whenever possible.
- Contents should be accurtately described in detail (including product name, quantity, weight and origin).
When the description of contents is too vague (for example writing only “food”, “sample” and “article for daily use”), customs inspection procedures may take longer or the mail may be returned
- Please check the applicable box on labels and customs declaration forms if the contents are gifts or product samples.
- When you send commercial goods to an indivisual, it is necessary to put the addressee's “codice fiscale” (Italy's personal identification number). Provide the information in the margins of labels and other documents.
- When you send commercial goods to a business office, it is necessary to put the addressed office's “partita IVA” (Italy’s trading taxpayer number) .Provide the information in the margins of labels and other documents.
|Confirm the number of required copies of customs declaration forms.
As for EMS, the attachment of a third copy of a customs declaration form is required in addition to two copies of the customs declaration form contained in a label. Cutoms declaration forms can be obtained at post offices.
Download Customs Declaration Form
|Sending commercial goods requires the attachment of an invoice.
- The following cases fall under commercial goods requring the attachment of an invoice.
- Sending to an individual mail which contains goods worth more than 350 euros.
- Sending to a business office mail which contains goods worth more than 22 euros.
- Description method for invoices is the same as customs declaration forms. Please make sure information is the same as attached customs declaratin forms
Download Invoice Format
|Other documents are required.
- Sending medicine requires the attachment of a certificate issued by an Italian pharmacy or health institute. Lack of such certificate will result in the addressee being charged.
- Certain products and a siginificant amount of exports require import licenses and certificates. Please inquire at the Italian Embassy or trading organizations for details.)。