Top > International Mail > FAQs > Trouble Regarding International Mail

International Mail

Trouble Regarding International Mail

What are the procedures for a compensation claim regarding the damaged or missing postal items?

A sender can make a claim for damages in relation to the postal item.
Please note that if the mail where an item was stolen, went missing or broken and delivered to the addressee in such a condition, the addressee should keep the mail and declare the loss or damage to the local post office.
In cases of non-delivery, theft, partial loss or damage of the postal item, please first submit a Search Request or Tracking Request and wait for the result. If it is determined that a compensation claim is applicable in the situation, please proceed to the compensation claim application. Please fill out all the required fields in a "Compensation Claim Form" that will be prepared by the Branch assigned by the Postal Company.

If you cannot find the FAQs you are looking for

We respond to your questions about International Mail.

Japan Post Co., Ltd.

Copyright (c) JAPAN POST Co.,Ltd. All rights reserved.