Self-guided Tours Recommended by Japan Post
Example route overviews
If you are looking to get off the typical tourist routes and discover the real Japan, why not go on an adventure throughout eastern Japan to uncover the country's untouched charm?
By the end of your trip, you will have discovered a side of Japan that you never knew.
For the most complete adventure, start from famous Nikko, move on to the beauty of northeast Japan, and finish your trip in Hokkaido.
With Japan Post Group's 10-Day route, you will travel from Tokyo to famous Nikko, enjoy the beauty of northeast Japan, and finish your trip in Hokkaido.
Discover the beautiful decorations of Nikko Toshogu Shrine, the history of Aizuwakamatsu and Kakunodate Samurai, the amazing scenery of Yamadera, the mystical atmosphere of Ginzan Onsen, the tasty morning market in Hakodate, and the night life of Sendai and Sapporo.
Example route and supporting post offices
- Day 1(From Tokyo) Nikko Nikko Eki-mae Post OfficeNikko Honcho Post Office
- Day 2Ouchijuku
- Day 3Aizuwakamatsu Aizuwakamatsu Post office Wakamatsu Higashisakaemachi Post office Wakamatsu Ekimae Post office
- Day 4Sendai Sendai Central Post officeSendai Ichibancho Post office
- Day 5Yamadera, Ginzan Onsen Yamadera Post Office
- Day 6Kakunodate Kakunodate Post Office
- Day 7-8Hakodate Hakodate Eki-mae Post Office
- Day 9Sapporo Hokkaidocho Akarenga-mae Post Office
- Travel arrangements including accommodation, Japan Rail Pass, domestic flights, original guidebook, Wi-Fi, etc. are handled by Japan Post Staff Co., Ltd. of Japan Post Group.
- Please note that travel support services are only available from the post offices listed above.
- Post offices marked with * are only able to offer support in emergencies.