Delivery service at the counters or return of postal items addressed to the evacuation areas due to the Fukushima nuclear power plant accident (26 April 2011, 18:00)
April 26, 2011
Postal items addressed to residents in the areas for which Japan Post Service temporally suspended our delivery services(1.) are now being returned to the senders unless the addressees submit any kind of notification of moving, addressees' current address, or request to our counter clerks for receiving items at respective counters.
The listing of our branches and collection centers (both referred to here simply as branches) providing delivery service at the counters are as indicated in Attachment 1(PDF41kByte).
If you already use the service and wish to change the counters receiving your postal items, or wish to start to use this service, please write your name, address and phone number on a piece of paper along with either of the following requests you desire, and submit it to a clerk at a branch that you wish to use:
1) Request to receive your items at another branch, or
2) Request to start to use the delivery service at the counters
In addition, the listing of the areas having difficulty delivering postal items are as given in Attachment 2(PDF29kByte).
Your kind understanding and cooperation would be very much appreciated.
- "Areas" here mean caution areas and the areas where residents were previously instructed to stay indoors and the Government has instructed the residents in the area to plan to evacuate within one month.
- We have resumed delivery of postal items addressed to areas where residents were previously instructed to stay indoors and the Government has instructed the residents in the area to be prepared to evacuate if a further emergency arises.
- Normally, collection and delivery centers do not hand over postal items directly to the addressees. Therefore, only the collection and delivery centers listed in the attachment will provide delivery service at the counters.
- Please note that the branches providing this service may change or additional branches may be added in accordance with the situation in the future.